We successfully completed a web development project for the Weston Area NHS Trust, who manage numerous hospitals and clinics in the Weston-Super-Mare region, providing excellent health care services to about 250,000 residents and visitors.
What we did
Our web development experts at Ultimedia upgraded and improved the overall design and mobile responsiveness of their website, utilising our specialist design solution.
The fresh and dynamic site has not only enhanced the user experience, it’s also made it possible for any future changes and updates to be easily implemented.
It’s cemented Weston NHS Trust as a cutting edge provider of healthcare services, with great results including:
- An increase from 8% to 22% of site visitors on mobile.
- A reduction of user bounce rate from 90% to 19%.
Why they needed us
With more and more users relying on mobile devices when accessing websites, Weston NHS Trust needed to upgrade its existing site to take advantage of the latest features available, and improve mobile responsiveness.
It needed to be Content Managed, adapted for distributed editing and workflow control, as well as connected to the N3 fast broadband network for the NHS.
How we helped
We implemented version 6 of our standard CMS Website solution, which featured all necessary requirements and was designed specifically for NHS Trusts.
- Improved the usability and ease of updating the site.
- Ensured a preserved upgrade path for future versions.
- Included all standard templates needed to run the Trust.
- Enhanced mobile capability.
- Added additional features such as calendars, events, forums, news, RSS feeds, search capability and collaborative working aids.
- Incorporated their branding to get the right look and feel for the Trust.