Optimizely carried out a survey of 800+ companies worldwide, across sectors and identified that 75% of businesses have increased their digital revenues by at least 5% due to experimentation. Signalling the significant financial benefits of including experimentation in your business’ digital strategy. Of the 12% that were unsure, it was noted that the teams felt they lacked the relevant metrics and knowledge to achieve their goals - this is why at Ultimedia we see the value of offering a support service for our clients to ensure they are getting the best ROI possible.
Experimentation within Optimizely can be driven at the start of the life cycle rather than just something which is performed at the end of content, features, or web development lifecycle.
Optimizely A/B testing and experimentation capabilities allows you to:
- Create and manage audiences with standard visitor behaviours, standard elements e.g. languages.
- Create unlimited projects within your environment, identifying different departments within your organization.
- Create within your site snippet scripts, custom web hooks and integrations.
- Metric and event identification and tracking.
- Track custom activities on each page within your site with a built in editor to create variations.
- Create Experiments which are A/B tests, Multivariate tests or Personalisation tests.
- Enable firing of your tests over many pages or criteria within your website
- Get information on the results of your experimentations.
How do you build an effective experiment using Optimizely A/B testing?
- Start with your own analytics, what do your users want to do, where do they focus and is the page clear, are they getting the information they need and what do your surveys indicate?
- Begin with the actual problem, the pain points and what are the solutions which would produce what results
- You will typically find that a third of your experiments will deliver 10% of uplift
Why choose Optimizely?
Optimizely is a powerful digital experience software for ambitious brands that want to put their customer experience at the core of their strategy. Optimizely A/B testing is just one tool in a broad portfolio that helps Optimizely (formerly Episerver) to be the leading DXP for brands. Optimizely customers benefit from:
- An easy to use platform.
- One tool to test everything within your digital estate.
- Accurate results to allow your teams to move faster.
- Collaboration at scale.
- Top tier website speed and security, alongside enabling scaling of experimentation.
- Generating creative experimental ideas which lead to greater velocity and bigger wins.